Snapshot of the ALP Key Tax Policies
Lodgement rates and thresholds guide
Single Touch Payroll
Single Touch Payroll (STP) is changing the way employers report their tax and super information to the ATO. If you have payroll software, all you'll need to do is update it once it has been 'single touch payroll' enabled.
You will then begin reporting the following:
- payments to employees such as salary and wages
- pay as you go (PAYG) withholding
- super information
The way you pay your employees won't change however you must send the ATO the information at the same time as you pay your employees. STP has already started and will be mandatory for all employers from 1 July 2019.
- Tax Return Tips.
- Instant asset write off extended to 31 December.
- The realities of insuring against cyber crime.
- Remote AGMs and documents signing allowed.
- Varying PAYG instalments because of COVID-19.
- Last-minute tax planning tactics.
- Expatriates: Part-year resident or non-resident for tax purposes?
- COVID-19 and residential rental property claims.
- Concerns on property development and SMSFs.
- Laws on bankruptcy changed to help cope with COVID-19.
- Answers to COVID-19 work-from-home expense questions and CGT concerns.
- Your business and the JobKeeper scheme.
- Alternative turnover test for JobKeeper released.
- COVID-19 instant asset write off and accelerated depreciation.
- Early release from super a relief, but comes with risks.
- Here's what attracts the ATO's attention about luxury car tax.
- Covid-19: Your stimulus and rescue package explained.
- e-bikes, FBT, and salary sacrificing.
- Employers get an amnesty for missed super payments.
- Individual or corporate trustee for your SMSF?
- ATO dusts off the 'lifestyle asset' microscope.
- Limited options to access your super early.
- Damage or destruction of a rental property.
- Security online: More important than ever.
- Selling taxable Australian property - Need a clearance certificate from the ATO?
As always, please feel free to give us a call on (07) 54391600 to have a chat.